Monday, December 2, 2013

Committing to Writing… and Running

Button courtesy of Chris Lehman's Blog
#Nerdlution

After five wonderful, sloppy, lazy months of wearing sweatpants and jeans on maternity leave, I dusted off my dress and boots and (reluctantly) dragged myself back into work today.  Even though I'm always thinking and reading (LOVED a few new, great books that I've devoured that I'll post soon)… I haven't physically stepped foot into the school in many, many weeks, and I'll admit that it felt darn good to actually be away and be fully present with my growing family.

But, I have a lot of catching up to do:  Twitter, blogging, SLO's, CCSS, and overall working.   So when I saw Chris Lehman's post about making a commitment to SOMETHING for fifty days, this blog came right to my mind.  Writing these posts and being engaged in the educational Twitter community makes me feel strong, and so I'm going to give it a try… again.  I'll take some days off, don't get me wrong, but I'm going to give it my best effort to create strong posts in fifty days (though not consecutively, I must admit).

Oh, and as all resolutions go, I'm going to lose 15 pounds in 50 days, too. But that's a different story.

Thanks, Chris, for the motivation!

I've had a severe case of writer's block.  What could I possibly share that others could glean, I wondered?  Every word was stressful.  I'll try to put that aside and just get writing. Maybe I'll get strength for my posts while on the treadmill or eating my healthy fruit.  Either way, I'm going to be here as often as I possibly can.  Hope you'll join me!  #nerdlution


No comments:

Post a Comment